The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center (GSRC) is looking for folks who may be interested in facilitating Dialogue Sessions this fall!
Dialogue Sessions are intentional 60-90 minute conversations around topics involving gender and/or sexuality. Facilitators choose the topic on which they would like to lead a discussion. Depending on the number of sessions, they are held bi-weekly or weekly throughout the semester. Facilitators can be faculty, staff, or students.
Examples of sessions we’ve had in the past include:
- Queer Women of Color: Visibility, Stereotypes, Social Justice
- Masculinity & Relationships
- Environmental (In)Justice
- Women & Video Game Culture
- Race and Gender Bias in the Workplace
- Cultural Appropriation?: The Complexities of What We Mean by “Culture”
- Communicating (Sexual) Consent: Grey Areas, Scripts, and Pleasure
These will be offered either in-person or virtually, based on college and state guidelines. If you would like to facilitate a dialogue session, please contact Emily Phelps at Emily.Phelps@oneonta.edu.