In step with actions at the national, state and local level, SUNY Oneonta is taking several actions to reduce the number of people on campus, discourage gatherings and secure spaces. Below is a snapshot of our growing lists of closures and curtailments, cancellations and postponements. We expect additions to these in the coming days.
Closures and Curtailments
- Academic and most support buildings, the Chase Physical Education building and the Alumni Field House will be closed and locked, accessible through card access only by employees who work there.
- Instructional spaces not in use will be closed and locked.
- Red Dragon Outfitters will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Residence halls will remain locked as usual with card access provided to students living in each hall and support staff.
- Netzer Administration building will be open from 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The Health Center will be open 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., however please call ahead.
- Starbucks will be open 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; the rest of Hunt Union will be closed and locked.
- Maintenance and Operations will continue its regular hours.
- Residence Life at Wilsbach Hall will continue its regular hours.
- Non-credit courses, through April 10
- Career Academy panels, workshops and programs, throughout March and April
- Athletic events, camps and clinics, the rest of the spring semester
- Mental Mondays, the rest of the spring semester
- OPROS and Dr. Joe Heissan Leadership Programming, the rest of the spring semester
- College planetarium events, through April 3
- A.J. Read Science Discovery Center events, through April 3
- Campus clothing drive for FSA, March 18
- Community of Scholars, March 19
- Blood Drives, March 20, April 14-15
- OneySpeaks, March 23
- ATM/Academic Advisement Fall 2020 Registration Help, March 24
- Convivia, March 25 and April 23
- Oneonta Fights Cancer Walk, March 27
- Kids Night Out, March 28 and May 1
- Out of the Darkness Walk, April 5
- Susan Sutton Smith Lecture, April 9
- Into the Streets, April 15
- Dr. David Reetz lecture, April 20
- Terrence Parker Basketball Tournament, April 26
- Academic Achievement Award reception, April 29
- Tory Lanez concert (O-Fest), April 18
- Don Axtell Scoreboard dedication and baseball field ribbon cutting, March 21
Please visit the college’s Coronavirus Information website for the latest developments.